We are seeking an experienced Affordable Housing Property Manager to oversee over a 100 units. The ideal candidate must be able to work well both independently and under pressure, handling a multitude of needs at the property with a positive, can-do attitude and a smile!! Previous affordable property management and knowledge of, LIHTC, HUD, section 8 subsidized programs, forms and requirements are an absolute must.
The Property Manager will handle the oversight of all leasing, security, customer service, collections and HUD/LIHTC administrative responsibilities.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle annual Recertification and Interims.
- Assist in the development, planning, implementation and full maintenance of the budget to control the overall financial performance of the property.
- Handle record-keeping, resident files and reporting in accordance with HUD regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of all property transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, work order logs, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Handle late notices, legal filings and evictions on delinquent rents as required.
- Oversee and audit transmission of vouchers for subsidy.
- Oversee security needs, customer service and resident relations.
- Oversee vendor/contractor relations and maintenance of contracts.
- Maintain all resident files to ensure compliance for management reviews
- Prepare for, respond to and oversee corrections needed to meet requirements of all Management Reviews.
- Oversee HUD REAC inspections including preparation for, and corrections to deficiencies noted on report.
- Maintain waiting and transfer lists per HUD guidelines.
- Hire, train, and oversee any newly needed staff.
- Oversee and maintain all new lease and lease renewal practices according to HUD guidelines inclusive of the certification and verification process.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Assure lease enforcement and compliance.
- Supervises all contracted and vendor work to assure quality and completion
- Seek bids for contracted work in accordance with the budget, and ensure contract obligations with vendors are being met.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis.
- Perform move-in and move-out inspections, prepare reports and tenant charges as required.
- Reporting and communication with corporate office as required.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Must have at least 5 years of property management experience overseeing an affordable property and staff including responsibility for financial and operational results, HUD Administration, leasing per tenant selection plan and small staff supervision.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist Certification or equivalent a must, no exceptions.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Certification
- Fair Housing certification
- Section 8 experience to include EIV.
- Boston Post knowledge preferred.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- Must possess exceptional analytical ability, problem solving, along with writing and organization skills.
- Must possess a strong, take charge personality with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, a must.
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance, and complete and pass strict background checks and drug screening.
We offer a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off and starting salary for the right individual. To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please. Due to the large volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.